Looking for a career at OPC’s Family of Companies? See below for a list of current positions available.
Accountable for leading all production activities supporting the plant’s goals and objectives, including the optimization of customer loyalty and the recognition of safety, productivity, quality, and financial goals. Manage the 24/7 operation to meet schedule and operational efficiency requirements. Responsible for the development of productivity, quality, safety systems supporting continued growth, transformational process, and system improvements.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Expected to have the knowledge and capabilities to perform all the duties in the entire department.
- Leads and directs staff in daily setup of machinery according to production schedule and standards.
- Promotes safe work practices and safe work environment and encourages all employees to help reduce and eliminate safety issues
- Is responsible for monitoring and reporting performance of KPIs as well as developing, communicating, and coaching employees on KPI
- Monitors and recommends strategies to reduce production downtime
- Executes production schedule as assigned by Plant Manager
- Prepares and manages department budget, in collaboration with Plant Manager
- Approves, reviews, and updates SOP/WI and ensures training, communication, and adherence department wide
- Ensures proper employee trainings are provided
- Reviews and approves employee timecards and PTO requests
- Manages department overtime hours with direction from Plant Manager
- Performs job interviews and evaluates perspective new hires
- Communicates with HR on staffing concerns or employee issues
- Completes all employee status change forms
- Possess the ability to effectively work and communicate across multiple departments and with multiple team members
- Communicates all expectations, issues, objectives, and goals to the production team
- Ensures compliance with GMP audit and is responsible for resolving, correcting, or addressing outstanding issues monthly
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with all food safety standards and regulations as set forth by Quality Assurance or management
- Serves as backup for Plant Manager when needed
- Other related duties as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in Food Manufacturing/Production Processes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. This position has high time demands and pressures that require the incumbent to effectively prioritize, juggle, and manage numerous projects at once.
- Strong leadership skills – Ability to build trust and credibility, provide direction, communicate, and ensure alignment across the Production Team and within the Leadership Team at the plant.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with both internal staff and external contacts.
- Computer Proficiency: Adept at using computer office management tools, such as excel, electronic mail, word processing programs as an integral part of day-to-day activity. Ability to use applicable in-house systems to do necessary analysis and report generation required to support management and decision-making activities.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Prefer 3 to 5 years’ experience at a supervisory level with production responsibilities as a focus
- Manufacturing experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with a variety of production, and quality concepts, tools, practices, and procedures
- Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, etc. experience/training is a plus
The team member is responsible for ensuring complete and thorough records necessary for quality audits and regulatory compliance. This includes assisting with programs related to BRC, SQF and FS22000 audit requirements and FSMA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining food nutritionals and food nutritional fact panels using Genesis software.
- Working with other company staff on GDSN/GS1 Bar Coding for retail food packaging.
- Working within various customer data portals, setup, initial data entry and data revisions as needed.
- Assisting on the development and revisions of product specifications. Working with Corp. Quality Specialist, Sales and In-Plant QA Managers.
- Assist in new product development process.
- Assist in development and implementation of quality policies and procedures.
- Monitor and suggest improvements for the effectiveness of quality processes.
- Audit Quality Assurance department paperwork for accuracy and completeness as needed.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of quality policies and procedures throughout organization.
- Maintain proper documentation throughout the year required by customers, auditing and regulatory bodies.
- With Corp. FSQM and Corp. QA Specialist, participate in internal and external audits.
- Maintain good personal hygiene, follow individual facility GMP’s and maintain a clean, safe and sanitary workplace. Immediately address any situation that may cause product to be contaminated or compromised.
- Comply with individual plant security.
- Oversees areas of the Corp. QA Specialist duties when Corp. QA Specialist is absent or not in office.
- Attendance expected to be consistent and reliable.
- Other duties as requested by Corp. Food Safety and Quality Manager.
- Travel to other facilities, as needed
Licenses, Permits, Certifications
- HACCP certification, PCQI certification, Internal Auditor training
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-5 years work experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and database management skills.
- Well organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of food industry regulations; understands and is compliant with GMP standards.
- Able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leads, managers, and co-workers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deals with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Able to safely travel to all areas of the plant efficiently, including climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work effectively and safely in a wet and hot/cold environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. May occasionally bend, sit for long periods of time, and stoop.
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Senior accountant duties include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
- Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
The Staff Accountant to be responsible for journal entries, month-end closing and reconciliations, as well as some cost accounting and other general accounting/payroll duties. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment on significant matters. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and oversight for ledger accounts.
- Complete month reconciliations and financial review.
- Provides in depth analysis of financial results and prepares management interpretations. Collects, analyzes and utilizes key performance metrics critical to the operation’s success. Provides detailed support to corporate management.
- Recommends process improvements and continually looks for cost optimization.
- High aptitude for Financial Analysis
- Effective communication with Management, Co-workers and Suppliers
- Customer focused
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Knowledge of subsidiary ledger and general ledger accounting
- Knowledge of software – Windows and MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Familiarity with ERP systems. Experience with Microsoft Navision (not required but considered a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years in general Accounting preferred
This position directs and coordinates the Quality Assurance department to ensure consistent quality production of all products in compliance with Company and customer standards and Federal/State regulations. Supervises Quality Control and Microbiological staff to evaluate and certify the quality of processed/packaged products. Assists, organizes and audits product quality and food safety programs throughout entire process. Oversees complete and accurate recordkeeping of all facets of the quality program. Monitors production methods, in-process product quality, product risk-management and product safety. Investigates and responds to customer complaints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation, review and maintenance of the Quality Programs.
- To ensure compliance and stay current with policies of Federal and State regulatory agencies, as well as NOP, Kosher, and HALAL compliances.
- Schedules and participates in audits by government, buyers and independent agencies.
- Ensures compliance and complies with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensures compliance and complies with GMP, BRC and company guidelines to produce a safe and quality product.
- Serves on the Safety and Food Safety Committees and as HACCP Team Coordinator. Conducts and initiates inspections of all plant areas for sanitation and safety purposes under HACCP guidelines.
- Direct and supervise the quality grading lab, receiving lab and microbiological lab for all raw/ processed/packaged products to assure specifications are met within the desired levels of productivity, safety and quality.
- Develops and updates all grading procedures and specifications used by lab technicians.
- Monitors completion of job assignments to ensure compliance with standards and instructions and revises instructions and time frames as necessary.
- Receives and reviews all quality control records. Maintains proper filing for data recall.
- Develops, reviews and maintains Quality Systems Manual for accurate and complete information while updating documentation within required frequencies.
- Responsible for acquiring equipment/supplies for QC, Receiving and Microbiological laboratories.
- Inventory control and management of interplant movements, product usage, quality holds, and distressed products.
- Works with customers to complete supplier document requirements.
- Communicates and works with all departments to ensure sanitary design.
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
- Oversees all aspects of training and compliance, ensures that needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to new employees in the QA departments are provided.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices and new developments in assigned work areas.
- Assists in, or recommends hiring or department transfers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science preferred or equivalent related experience
- Two years of experience managing or supervising employees, including coaching to develop skills or resolve conflicts
- Thorough knowledge of USDA grading standards
- HACCP and PCQI certified preferred
- Integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks
- Possess strong communication skills at plant level, corporate office and with customers
- Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and skill under the pressure of production environment and time sensitive deadlines to effectively manage down time situations
- Possess or have the ability to develop thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures, the ability to work within these guidelines to evaluate or develop policies, procedures, processes, and solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions
- Ability to adapt and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
- Ability to operate and understand computer software related to record keeping and communication. Preferred experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to keep detailed records as required
- Ability to supervise, train, coordinate and evaluate the work of others
- Ability to read and write and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions